Cracklin' Contest Rules:
- Cooks must have won a cracklin’ championship in the Boucherie Festival.
- Assistants must be 18 years or older (although we may allow exceptions).
- The cook and assistant will be the only people allowed in the immediate cooking area. Anyone else in cooking area without permission of the Boucherie Festival Association will disqualify the contestant.
- Cooks to furnish pot (big enough to cook all fat) , paddle, burner, propane, table, cutting board, knives to cut the fat, starter oil and cardboard or paper to place cracklins on.
- Cracklin fat MAY be trimmed, but ALL fat with skin attached MUST BE COOKED or the contestant will be disqualified.
- Fat to be cut by contestant and assistant only.
- No sampling of cracklins by the public will be allowed during the contest.
- The cook and assistant will be allowed to keep two bags of cracklins each before the judging.
- Cooking heats will be five hours. Contestants will be provided a hinged Styrofoam plate with a double sided ticket attached to the bottom and a box of plastic bags. These will both be turned in immediately at the end of cooking heat. You must tear off and keep your half of the ticket in a safe place until winners are announced. The cooks and assistants must bring the sample (Styrofoam) plate and the bagged cracklin’ to the designated area at the end of the cooking heat.
- All cracklins will remain the property of the festival when finished.
- The champion will win a trophy and bragging rights!
It is your responsibility to keep the cooking area clean for the next heat.
The Boucherie Festival provides the following:
*60 lbs of fat *Zip-Loc Bags *Salt