Sign up above for the 2019 Boucherie Festival Cracklin' Contest. Rules are provided on the "Forms" page. If you wish to mail in a check, please print a copy of the rules and mail into the address specified.
After clicking submit, you will be directed to PayPal where you can confirm the entry fee payment. By submitting this form and payment, you agree to abide by the rules and regulations provided.
Cracklin' Contest Rules:
1. Cooks and assistants must be 18 years or older (although we may allow exceptions for an assistant under the age of 18).
2. The cook and assistant will be the only people allowed in the immediate cooking area. Anyone else in cooking area without permission of the Boucherie Festival Association will disqualify the contestant.
3. Cooks to furnish pot (big enough to cook all fat) , paddle, burner, propane, table, cutting board, knives to cut the fat, starter oil and cardboard or paper to place cracklins on.
4. Cracklin fat MAY be trimmed, but ALL fat with skin attached MUST BE COOKED or the contestant will be disqualified.
5. Fat to be cut by contestant and assistant only.
6. Contestants may have a sponsor or may be his own sponsor.
7. Entry fee of $150 must be submitted with application. You must sign up and pay fees on or before cooks meeting on September 19, 2019! NO EXCEPTIONS!! If you mail the application, you must contact us via text @ 225-773-9663 with your name, phone number and contest you will be cooking in so that we can get you on the cooks list. MUST be postmarked on or before September 19!
8. No sampling of cracklins by the public will be allowed during the contest.
9. The cook and assistant will be allowed to keep two bags of cracklins before the judging.
10. Cooking heats will be five hours. Contestants will be provided a hinged Styrofoam plate with a double sided ticket attached to the bottom and a box of plastic bags. These will both be turned in immediately at the end of cooking heat. You must tear off and keep your half of the ticket in a safe place until winners are announced. The cooks and assistants must bring the sample (Styrofoam) plate and the bagged cracklin’ to the designated area at the end of the cooking heat.
11. All cracklins will remain the property of the festival when finished.
12. Entry fees will not be refundable (including in the case of disqualification) and will be considered a donation to our causes.
13. The champion will be entitled to a cash prize of $1,000 and trophy.
It is your responsibility to keep the cooking area clean for the next heat.
The Boucherie Festival provides the following:
*60 lbs of fat *Zip-Loc Bags *Salt