Sign up above for the 2019 Boucherie Festival Jambalaya Contest. Rules are provided on the "Forms" page. If you wish to mail in a check, please print a copy of the rules and mail into the address specified.
After clicking submit, you will be directed to PayPal where you can confirm the entry fee payment. By submitting this form and payment, you agree to abide by the rules and regulations provided.
Jambalaya Cooking Contest Rules:
1. Cooks and assistants must be 18 years or older (although we may allow exceptions for an assistant under the age of 18).
2. The cook and assistant will be the only people allowed in the immediate cooking area. Anyone else in the cooking area without permission of the Boucherie Festival Association will disqualify the contestant.
3. Cooks are to furnish all cooking utensils: knife, cutting board, pot, burner, fuel, table, etc. Jambalaya is to be cooked over a propane burner only.
4. No Kitchen Bouquet, bouillon cubes, pork bases, chicken stock or powders allowed. You may, however, bring your own seasonings (LeBlanc’s, Tony’s, Slap ‘Yo Mama) or salt, pepper and garlic. It is suggested you bring your own water also.
5. Entry fee of $150 must be submitted with application. You must sign up and pay fees on or before cooks meeting on September 19, 2019! NO EXCEPTIONS!! If you mail the application, you must contact us via text @ 225-773-9663 with your name, phone number and contest you will be cooking in so that we can get you on the cooks list. MUST be postmarked on or before September 19!
6. Contestants may have a sponsor or may be his/her own sponsor.
7. No sampling of jambalaya by the public will be allowed during the contest.
8. Cooking heats will be four hours. Contestants will be provided a hinged Styrofoam plate with a double sided ticket attached to the bottom and an aluminum pan(s). These will both be turned in immediately at end of cooking heat. You must tear off and keep your half of the ticket in a safe place until winners are announced. The cooks and assistants must bring the sample (Styrofoam) plate and the pan(s) of jambalaya to the designated area at the end of the cooking heat.
9. The jambalaya becomes property of the Boucherie Festival when finished.
10. Entry fees will not be refundable (including in the case of disqualification) and will be considered a donation to our causes.
11. The champion will be entitled to a cash prize of $1,000 and a trophy.
It is your responsibility to keep the cooking area clean for the next heat.
The Boucherie Festival provides the following ingredients:
*7 lbs of pork *5 lbs of onions *1 small bottle of cooking oil
*3 lbs of sausage *5 lbs of rice *Bell Pepper and celery will be provided upon request